Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Painless hair removal? YEAH RIGHT!!!

In this blog I would like to discuss something that is, to me, non-existant. Painless hair removal. There are so many products out there and so many of them claim that they are "Pain Free". I'd like to call their bluff, and I'd like to call it RIGHT NOW! I have personally tried many of these hair removal products for myself. I wish to discuss a couple of them. 

Let's start with the creams. You're supposed to simply put a thick layer of cream on the area you want the hair removed and let it sit for 8 minutes. Not 5 minutes, not 10 minutes, but 8 minutes! So, you put this pain free cream on, let's say, your upper lip to remove the lip fuzz that we all have...this is when the pain begins! It feels like you have literally ironed your lip! Yeah, your lip will be burning for a few days after this "pain-free" hair removal! Not to mention, when I was done removing it, I looked like I could be one of Angelina Jolie's flesh and blood daughters with how swollen my upper lip was!

Ok, on to the next...waxing... seriously?  Who the heck were they testing waxing on when they could even fathom labeling it "pain-free"?!??!?!?  Were they testing it on a coma patient?!  Waxing is NOT a pain free experience, I don't care who you are! First you heat up this jelly like substance in the microwave...then you place it in a thick layer over the area you want to remove hair from...let's say a leg. So, I placed hot wax on my leg and then followed the instructions of placing a "backing strip" over the wax, rubbing it hard so it makes the connection with the wax, that has made a connection with my hairs, then with one quick motion, you pull the backing strip off against the hair growth...this then pulls out the hairs to the root that it was attached to.  I am living proof that this is NOT a pain free moment. It's like pulling the hairs, muscles, veins, etc. right out of your leg! It feels like you are peeling your leg inside out! Then, the pain doesn't stop there. A wax kit usually comes with a nice little bottle of lotion that is supposed to soothe the pain (that you're not even supposed to have). So, you apply this lotion that might as well be like applying salt because of the good it doesn't do...you'd be better off just drinking a few margaritas, that'd probably help the pain better than this "soothing" lotion!

Lastly, I'd like to discuss home laser hair removal. Yes, you can purchase a torture device and use it in the comfort of your own home. When you read the instructions, it says that the only discomfort you will feel while using the laser, is what they consider like being snapped on the leg with a rubber band. Now, I'd like to explain what it really feels like.  It's not a simple snap of a rubber band, it is like being stung by a jelly-fish! Or maybe having someone snap you with a rubber band from the inside of your leg.  It is not pain-free! This, like the other painless hair removal products, has lingering pain that doesn't seem to want to go away...Lingering pain that you weren't even supposed to have at all according to the lies on the box.

Like I said, who are they testing these hair removal products on when they have the audacity to label them as pain-free? Were they testing them on the Incredible Hulk? Or maybe they were testing them on a person that has no feeling in their bodies.  But they certainly weren't testing them on your average person. According to how I was made to feel when trying these products, I would label these products:
"WARNING: You are about to experience some of the most excruciating pain you will ever feel... it is in your best interest to either be drunk, knocked out, or put to sleep before trying this!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment